1 (16 ounce) container strawberries, hulled and halved
1 quart sparkling water
Mint for garnish
For the Simple Syrup:
1 part sugar
1 part water
1. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Stir until sugar had dissolved. Cool completely.
2. Roll the lemons back and forth a couple of times on the counter to release the juices. Cut the lemons in half, and juice into a bowl. Remove any seeds that may have fallen into the juice. You should get about 1 cup of lemon juice. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend the strawberries with the ½ cup of simple syrup, until smooth.
3. Pour lemon juice, strawberry puree, ½ cup simple syrup, and sparkling water into a pitcher. Add more simple syrup if you want a little more sweetness. Add ice cubes. Chill until ready to drink.
4. Place more ice cubes in a glass, pour in chilled lemonade, garnish with mint. Enjoy!
6 cups cubed honeydew melon (about half of a medium melon)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 cups seltzer
Lime peels, for garnishing
1. Working in batches, puree 6 cups cubed honeydew melon in a blender. Pour puree through a fine sieve into an 8-inch square nonreactive dish. Put 1/2-cup water and sugar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Stir into puree. Add fresh lime juice; stir to combine. Freeze, covered, at least 6 hours (up to 3 days).
2. Scrape granita with a fork; spoon about 1 cup granita into each of 6 glasses. Pour 1/2-cup seltzer into each glass; garnish with lime peels.